- A Security committee has been formed and the committee consists of teachers, parents and student council. An e-mail ID has been created to address any issues or to implement any suggestions related to safety and security.
- Regular meetings are conducted to address security measures.
- 64 CCTV cameras are installed across the school.
- The display screen is monitored 24/7 by the administrative staff in school and at home on their mobiles.
- 34 Fire extinguishers are placed across the school and 14 sand buckets are also kept in case of fire emergencies.
- All Administrative and Support staff have been trained to use the same by the supplier.
- Mock fire drills are conducted for the entire school.
- One teacher is in-charge of the safety of the children, travelling from the 1st stop to the last stop. Attendance is taken in the morning and evening in the bus.
- Children walk in a queue holding a rope to the bus bay along with teachers.
- All children are given ID cards and the children being picked up by parents/drivers have to show the child’s ID card.
Other Security Measures
- Police verification for all the staff are done and ID cards are issued.
- Visitor passes are issued to all visitors and parents and they have to wear it while they are in school.
- Teachers are vigilant at all times. Morning attendance is taken and the names of absentees are written on the blackboard.
- SMS are sent to parents of absentees.
- During any Inter-School events, parents from the security committee monitor the activities in the school premises.
© Vidya Niketan School. Website designed by Smashing Pixels